About Me

My photo
LaFayette, Georgia, United States
Hi! I'm Emily, your crafty go to girl. I love all things crafty! I enjoy sewing, scrapbooking, photography, card making, DIY projects, home decor, photo projects, personalized gifts, stamping, jewelry making and just about anything that involves creativity. I run a small Etsy shop called paperpixie crafts. I also have my products in several local shops. I am slowly but surely extending my line of products. My goal is to start filling up my Etsy shop and then eventually open a local boutique. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who can tolerate my craft obsession, and a great family who is always supportive of my goals. This blog is a sneak peek in to my life and my creative thoughts. I'll be sure to keep you posted with all the cool stuff I see along my crafty journey. Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I-59, Fort Payne AL, and Cave Springs Georgia




Katie, Dad, the hubby, and I went on a day trip to visit the I-59 flea market and rode though Fort Payne AL and Cave Springs, Georgia.
I was surprised to see that the flea market has really shrunk with vendors since our last visit but we still had fun browsing around. I got a cute pair of jeans and Katie found snazzy belt and some jewelry. Dylan of course hit up the fruit tables. ( =

After the flea market, Dylan took us in to Fort Payne to visit Hammers. It's a small little shop that I love to visit because they have monogrammed goodies and FABRIC by the yard! YAY! I found these cute little finds there:

We also rode though and seen some of the historic areas of Fort Payne.
The band Alabama statue on the square in Fort Payne.
The DeKalb Theatre
Opera house all dressed up from Christmas.
old hosiery mill turned antique mall
Who Knew? lol
Our next stop was Cave Springs Georgia.

Cave springs is a darling little town. The cave was closed for the winter and we just missed the museum hours, but it was nice to get out and enjoy some sunshine. Read all about Cave Springs here on the city website, or here for more pictures and event info. * If you visit Cave Springs... you have to check out Country Cousins beside the museum. You can't miss them... they have a big blue claw foot bath tub on their porch. The shop features great boutique lines that I adore.

After cave springs, we made our last stop in down town Rome, Georgia to visit Paula's Boutique on Broad.
You can check out their facebook page here. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that shop. They have the coolest stuff including an amazing collection of rain boots! I know my mom would love this shop too! I'll have to bring her in there one day soon. I bet they had some really cute Christmas stuff too. ( =
We ended our little journey with a little stop at Stake n shake. We love their milkshakes. Yum Yum. The place was packed! I had no clue that kids eat free on the weekends. We bypassed that all together and hit the drive through window. I'm glad we did... because we made it back on the road just in time to catch this BEAUTIFUL view! ( =
It was a great little day trip.  I think we will defiantly head back to cave springs this summer to go inside the cave. I'm looking forward to summer time when we do this sort of stuff all the time.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I would have known you were in Cave Spring! I live off 27 between Rome and Cave Spring! I could have had your car decal ready for pickup! lol

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I'd love to hear from you!