About Me

My photo
LaFayette, Georgia, United States
Hi! I'm Emily, your crafty go to girl. I love all things crafty! I enjoy sewing, scrapbooking, photography, card making, DIY projects, home decor, photo projects, personalized gifts, stamping, jewelry making and just about anything that involves creativity. I run a small Etsy shop called paperpixie crafts. I also have my products in several local shops. I am slowly but surely extending my line of products. My goal is to start filling up my Etsy shop and then eventually open a local boutique. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who can tolerate my craft obsession, and a great family who is always supportive of my goals. This blog is a sneak peek in to my life and my creative thoughts. I'll be sure to keep you posted with all the cool stuff I see along my crafty journey. Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Renewed Funky Accessories

The holidays are always so  busy. I rarely find time to work on crafts that aren't already ordered,  or Christmas gifts. I did though get around to this cool project.

I recycled some funky barrettes in to trendy new accessories!


*I used vintage barrettes that I found
{still in the original packaging}.
*I printed off the graphic that I wanted to add on the hair accessory.
*Cut out the printed chraters.
 *Used modge podge as a glue to add the characters  to the plastic part of the barrette and then brushed over the whole plastic barrette face with modge podge to seal the paper to the plastic.
 ( =

What's so great is... I can use this on so many different accessories. I'm  thinking about doing 80's style chunky plastic earrings next. I'll let you know how it  goes.
Maybe you have some old school accessories that you would like to "renew?"
I'd love  to see how your project turns  out. ( =

0 Post a comment:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? I'd love to hear from you!