About Me

My photo
LaFayette, Georgia, United States
Hi! I'm Emily, your crafty go to girl. I love all things crafty! I enjoy sewing, scrapbooking, photography, card making, DIY projects, home decor, photo projects, personalized gifts, stamping, jewelry making and just about anything that involves creativity. I run a small Etsy shop called paperpixie crafts. I also have my products in several local shops. I am slowly but surely extending my line of products. My goal is to start filling up my Etsy shop and then eventually open a local boutique. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who can tolerate my craft obsession, and a great family who is always supportive of my goals. This blog is a sneak peek in to my life and my creative thoughts. I'll be sure to keep you posted with all the cool stuff I see along my crafty journey. Thanks for reading!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm tutu Crazy!


How cute are tutus?
I've made them before- but I got on "a kick" ( thats what I call a "OMG I gota make this RIGHT now or my head is gonna explode from excitment" item on my crafty "to-do" list )
AND... I'm making tutus again.
This lime green and hot pink one is one of my favorites that I've EVER made. I think it's the texture of the tulle. It was a spool of Vintage- I mean really vintage- tulle that I bought from the coolest little craft shop in town where all the supplies are from the 50s. BUT the story of how we found this craft store... and how it came to resurface- is another blog post in its self. Remind me to tell you about it later. - sorry for the tangent.
Anyway- I also made the CUTEST lady big outfit for a friend of a friend's daughters 1st birthday party/ photo shoot. It is a red tutu with a big black satin bow. I also made red bloomers with a polka dot 1 appliqué and a tank top with a felted lady bug appliqué.Thanks for cutting out the appliqués Wendy!
The outfit just turned out so darn cute! It was a (mightnight walmart run-up til' 5 in the morning sewing) late night crafting session trying to get the outfit finished before the deadline- and I fogot to take a picture of the finished outfit, but I've been promised a photo shoot picture when they arrive ( = I'll post it when I get my hands on it.
Never the less- heres my lime green hot pink tutu. My favorite colors, bows, and handmade "girly-ness." Awesome.♥☆♪
☮☮☮ These are available in my Etsy shop for custom order. You choose your colors and size. Up to a size 5- $25.☮☮☮



0 Post a comment:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? I'd love to hear from you!