About Me

My photo
LaFayette, Georgia, United States
Hi! I'm Emily, your crafty go to girl. I love all things crafty! I enjoy sewing, scrapbooking, photography, card making, DIY projects, home decor, photo projects, personalized gifts, stamping, jewelry making and just about anything that involves creativity. I run a small Etsy shop called paperpixie crafts. I also have my products in several local shops. I am slowly but surely extending my line of products. My goal is to start filling up my Etsy shop and then eventually open a local boutique. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who can tolerate my craft obsession, and a great family who is always supportive of my goals. This blog is a sneak peek in to my life and my creative thoughts. I'll be sure to keep you posted with all the cool stuff I see along my crafty journey. Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Crafty itch scratched with a cute little dress. Learn how to create the "modern smocking" with this toddler dress project.

Photos of last night crafting... as promised.


It wasn't as quick as planned but... it turned out cute- so it's ok.
I had planned on writing my first ever tutorial but I think I'll leave it to the pro and just link you to a pro. Martha Steward explains it all here on her website and ever has a nifty video.
Here's a photo sew along of my project- just for kicks.

Ta-DA! There it is folks a semi-hand smocked dress. It took me about 2 hours but I such a beginner that I'm sure will would take experienced sewers less than an hour to finish these. So try it out and see what you think about elastic thread. Do you think the pre-smocked fabric is worth the hefty price tag? Or do you think it's better to make your own, like I did in this project? 
Do you have any other project in mind that use elastic thread? I'd love to hear what you've got in mind. ( =
BTW- This dress will be for sell in my Etsy shop soon. In the mean time, if you are interested in a similar dress for the little princess in your life- feel free to contact me & we'll get your order placed.

Coming up soon... My vintage re-vamped rocking chain project that cost $0. Check back soon to learn how I'm finding cool FREE "stuff" for my new house. ( =

0 Post a comment:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? I'd love to hear from you!