About Me

My photo
LaFayette, Georgia, United States
Hi! I'm Emily, your crafty go to girl. I love all things crafty! I enjoy sewing, scrapbooking, photography, card making, DIY projects, home decor, photo projects, personalized gifts, stamping, jewelry making and just about anything that involves creativity. I run a small Etsy shop called paperpixie crafts. I also have my products in several local shops. I am slowly but surely extending my line of products. My goal is to start filling up my Etsy shop and then eventually open a local boutique. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who can tolerate my craft obsession, and a great family who is always supportive of my goals. This blog is a sneak peek in to my life and my creative thoughts. I'll be sure to keep you posted with all the cool stuff I see along my crafty journey. Thanks for reading!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tutorial Thursday- twirly skirt tutorial

I spotted a cute little blog called House on hill road. I ran across this twirly skirt tutorial and was inspired to create a similar one.
I've had a weird piece of orange-ish-red colored fabric, with tiny black & yellow flowers, staring at me for a few days now. I really wanted to use it for something but soon discovered that it was a really small scrap for a twirl skirt. Half way in to the project - I decided to use the casing (that should have been for a drawstring) for an elastic waistband casing. I also added some rick rack and a yo-yo button flower. My version looks nothing like Erin's tutorial- but I think it's cute in it's own little way. ( =
One day- when I have cute fabric aplenty, I will make a twirl skirt like the one in the tutorial. Erin has several tutorials that all look fabulous! Be sure to check them out.
Here friends is my little mishap skirt.

0 Post a comment:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? I'd love to hear from you!