About Me

My photo
LaFayette, Georgia, United States
Hi! I'm Emily, your crafty go to girl. I love all things crafty! I enjoy sewing, scrapbooking, photography, card making, DIY projects, home decor, photo projects, personalized gifts, stamping, jewelry making and just about anything that involves creativity. I run a small Etsy shop called paperpixie crafts. I also have my products in several local shops. I am slowly but surely extending my line of products. My goal is to start filling up my Etsy shop and then eventually open a local boutique. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who can tolerate my craft obsession, and a great family who is always supportive of my goals. This blog is a sneak peek in to my life and my creative thoughts. I'll be sure to keep you posted with all the cool stuff I see along my crafty journey. Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

fabric shopping galore.

Image Source

I'm fabric shopped out.
I got to visit 2 really great fabric shops this week. 
Sew be it in Ringgold, GA is great! They have a huge selection of fabrics and several lines that you can't find anywhere else locally. They have a great selection of pre-cut's and several BEAUTIFUL quilt kits. Also- If you are a beginner or if you are looking to brush up on your skills, they offer several classes that I hear are great! I'd love to take a quilting class when I feel more confident in my abilities to tackle such a large project. If you are in the Chattanooga or North Georgia area- be sure to check them out. If you aren't local- don't fret! They have started adding items to their online store- so browse around there and see what you can find.

Meg & Ry joined me for our shopping adventure at Sew Be It. He loved all the pretty colors and fell in love with a cute car print that Mommy Meg turned in to this adorable pillow.
Pillow by Meg at Bug creator- Check out her pillow tutorial  here.
This week I also visited Mimi's treasures in Rock spring, GA. It is a fairly new fabric shop but the owner, Claudia, is as nice as people come. She is great to work with and fabulous at helping your pick out supplies for your projects. She has amazing prices on her fabric! $3 a yard for cute cotton prints is just unbeatable! She also has great prices on other fabrics, like collegiate prints, flannel, fleece, and more. It's defiantly worth stopping in. There are plans for the store to expand soon and she intends on having much more to offer, as well as possible sewing and crafty classes. ( = I can't wait to see how the store expansion turns out. But in the mean time head on over to Mimi's, meet Claudia, and check out her cute fabrics at super cheap prices. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I love sew bee it! It is a great store! I can't wait to go back! And we have to go to mimi's one day so that I can buy stuff ;) Cause we know I love me a good buy on fabric!

    haha I didn't know you took that photo of you and ry! it is cute! Musta been when I had to run for a minute! :P I am stealing it for FB.

    Thanks for showing off my pillow :D

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I'd love to hear from you!