About Me

My photo
LaFayette, Georgia, United States
Hi! I'm Emily, your crafty go to girl. I love all things crafty! I enjoy sewing, scrapbooking, photography, card making, DIY projects, home decor, photo projects, personalized gifts, stamping, jewelry making and just about anything that involves creativity. I run a small Etsy shop called paperpixie crafts. I also have my products in several local shops. I am slowly but surely extending my line of products. My goal is to start filling up my Etsy shop and then eventually open a local boutique. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who can tolerate my craft obsession, and a great family who is always supportive of my goals. This blog is a sneak peek in to my life and my creative thoughts. I'll be sure to keep you posted with all the cool stuff I see along my crafty journey. Thanks for reading!

Monday, March 21, 2011

15-Happiness before I die

*Dont Forget to ENTER the RaineeDawnSundries handmade soap giveaway HERE.* 

image source
Puzzled with this one? Well let me rant for a moment about an issue that I have always struggled with... Happiness. No, I'm not depressed, just permanently confused about life. You see, I have little moments of happiness often in the strangest things, but in an overall aspect, I'm always striving for something better.  Why is this a problem? Well I've got folks like Sheryl Crow singing "It's not having what you want it's wanting what you got."
image source
So I wonder... Am I just spoiled and ungrateful to always want more than what I have? I do realized that I am VERY blessed to have a wonderful, family, husband, home, and life in general. BUT I am also ALWAYS planning on how we can improve, what we can do to make things better.(I'm currently on an endless battle to purchase a home and prepare a stable life so that we can eventually start a family. As well as looking for a new job, researching what car we should buy  and how we are going to finance the purchase, considering going back to school, and planning our extended family vacation for this summer, all while running our home and PPC shop, this blog, and I'm currently fighting a 2 week flu. ep!) Anyway.. *snapping out of ADD rant* I'm often told to "stand still and smell the roses", "enjoy life", "be thankful and happy with what you have kid", and other similar phrases that imply that I'm an ungrateful brat with spinning wheels.
Now, my question is:
image source
Isn't being happy with what you got, the same thing as settling for less than what you could achieve? 
What differences a  determined young adult with a strong work ethic that's striving for a better life, from a unthankful brat?
Now I'm wondering if I'm confusing happiness with success, or maybe even fulfillment?
Happiness: state of well-being characterized by emotions.
Success: An event that accomplishes its intended purpose
Fulfillment: A feeling of satisfaction at having achieved your desires.
Back to happiness. I want to learn to be happy, but first I must learn what makes me happy; Learning to be happy with what I have? Or finding that happiness lies in the journey of building a life that I can be proud of?

0 Post a comment:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? I'd love to hear from you!